Monday, February 27, 2012

What a weekend!

Phew!  My weekend and last week were so busy, that my chill out time tonight is cleaning my apartment up!  I'd post a photo as evidence, but I dare not sure what the place looks like right now!  I WILL share some other photos later, though.

Saturday morning I ran 8 miles.  Only 8 miles.  Crazy sounding, right?!  I never thought I'd say only 8 miles!  But that is compared with the fact that I was supposed to run 11, and that's really dropping it down from 12 or a full 13.1 trial run.  I wanted to keep my momentum up before tapering in two weeks, but my knee was giving me trouble this week.  Not my left knee like normal, nope.  My right knee has been hurting with pretty much every step since last Tuesday when I ran 3 miles around Ghent.  So 8 was painful enough.  Plus a head cold last week, and bleah... 8 it was!

But that's ok, because my Mom was here for the Quilt Show!  So I met her at the Convention Center, and we (along with a bajillion others) meandered around and looked at antique tablecloths, amazing hand made quilts, jewelry made from antique ceramic buttons, and lots and LOTS of fabric!  Mom got some good pictures on her camera.  Hopefully she will email them to me when she gets home so I can post some examples.

I didn't break the bank spending money, but I did plan some new projects.  I have 2 friends that are having 3 babies (yes, twin boys!) this sumer, so I'm going to try my hand at a baby quilt!  Or three.


As much as I'm not a fan of "genderizing" children early on, I couldn't resist this adorable blue, cream, and brown fabric.  I have a few different ideas for simple quilts I can make with it.  So hopefully the two twin boys can get two different versions and patterns with the same fabric.  One idea is THIS quilt, and another idea is currently in my head.  Hopefully I can sketch it out on graph paper soon and upload it.  



I also bought the same fabric in pink.  I'm really hoping someone I know has a girl sometime soon! 



I bought another set of fabric, in turquoise and lime green batik with green and yellow accents.  This will be one of those awesome little bags for a friend's birthday. 


The only I really bought for myself was this amazing owl fabric!  It's brilliant colors, owls, AND Day of the Dead!  Pretty much the trifecta of what I love in fabric patterns, all in one!  So I bought a yard.  I want to make something really special with it, but I'm hoping I don't hoard it away forever like I usually do.  Any ideas?


I'm also obsessed with this line of fabric, called Kaffe Fassett.  I don't know anything about it at all, except for the fact that it's BEAUTIFUL!  It reminds me of batik, or marbilized paper, or even Art Deco graphics.  I didn't buy any, again, mostly because I would love to buy so much of it, I'd never leave the quilt show with any money left.  So I will just wait until I can find it in person, with a real project in mind, and a loaded piggy bank.  


And finally, my lovely Lula, snuggling between Mom and me on Sunday morning.

Now, to make dinner and clean.  What a relaxing Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment