Friday, April 6, 2012

Phew!

What a week it has been!  My epic Spring Break To Do List is about 2 pages long, but I've gotten through about 3/4 of it... which might be a record for a running "to do" list for me.  But I do have a few minutes (whilst finishing my fine glass of $4.99 wine) to update with some pictures!

MOBILE: So there was that Philadelphia Phillies mobile that I made for my friends, Laurie and Parker, and their beautiful new baby boy, Graham.  I went over to visit a week after he was born, and brought them the mobile.  It definitely took longer to finish up than I thought, mostly because threading the yarn through the felted shapes proved to be more difficult than I thought.  And I hate felting round balls.  But anyway, Laurie and Parker LOVE it, and they seem super stoked about the whole thing!  So that's fantastic!


The above picture is most of the mobile completed, it's just hard to see the pennant that says "Graham" up top.  I found the basic pattern for the mobile in a book, and it's actually the third baby mobile I've made.


I had to wait until after the baby was born to make this part of the mobile, because they did a sensible thing and waited to "meet" the baby before officially giving him a name.  It was a cool and different way to do things (these days, at least), but more difficult for crafting purposes!


Close up up the bottom section.



Baby's jersey!  With his own number for 2012 of course!  (This is the back of the mini jersey.)


This is the front of the mini jersey.  I think this is my favorite part of the mobile.  I just wanted to put it on something like a real jersey!


Mini felted baseball.  I tried to make a felted bat, but that didn't go over so well.


Phillies logo!

This is the far away "I have nothing to hold it on but the doorknob" shot.  You get to see a sneak of my "craft room" as well.  I'm really excited about this mobile.  It definitely made the football playoffs easier to watch... so I have a feeling I will be making a lot of crafts during next year's season!

OTHER PROJECTS:  I currently have 2 other baby boy blankets/quilts I need to make, and a baby girl one.  All of the babies are due this summer.  The shower for one baby is in 3 weeks, and I have a feeling I might only have the top of a quilt pieced, if that.  Oh well.  This weekend I'm going home to my parent's in Richmond, so I plan to swing by Quilting Adventures with mom and get some more supplies.

MY DISTRACTION:  As I previously mentioned in my short excuse-filled update, I haven't had time for much blogging or crafting because I'm moving... in two weeks!  Eeeeeeek!  But I must admit, I'm incredibly excited about it!  And of course, there will be plenty of chances for crafting because of the move too!  Just a sneak peak...


That's all for now.  Hopefully I will have a few minutes between praying homage to the corregated god in cardboard form and cleaning that I can keep the sewing machine (and ironing board, and cutting mat, and cutting tools) set up and work on something.  If not for the sake of sewing, than at least for the sake of sanity!  And some stress relief too!

No comments:

Post a Comment