Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The best kind of TO DO list...

... is one full of projects you WANT to do, not stuff you HAVE to do!

With that in mind, I have several potential projects in the works, and in order to get the anxiety of moving off of my mind, I've been doing a lot of internet window shopping (with my credit card far far away), and concentrating on things to create.

First things first.  J&C, two of Rob's friends, are expecting twin boys this summer!  And since I only make things anymore (or so it seems) for babies or weddings, I MUST make these babies something awesome!  And simple, because my goodness, there's going to be TWO!  I also firmly believe that every baby should have something handmade.  It's kind of like an unwritten rule for me.

So I bought some blue minkee that is 30" square... and I have the baby fabric from the quilt show.  And Monday afternoon I finally figured out what pattern I wanted to make/use (it had been marinating up in the brains for a while now), so now I just need to get to work!  Minkee by the way is quite possibly the best fabric every invented.  I think I need some of this just hanging around.

Second things... and very ambitious things... I have decided to make the Wiksten Tova Pattern shirt!  Just look at the beautiful versions everyone has made on the Wiksten Flickr Group!  They are beautiful!  And they look great on everyone.  I have a feeling I will have to combine a medium top with a large bottom for the pattern, but there was a Sew-A-Long a few weeks ago, so I think I can do it.  Hopefully with some help from my mom too.  I bought some awesome green and dark orange fabric for it, and I would post a picture, but it's currently in the washer.

Alright, when I have something pretty or frustrating to post, I will.  But until then, time to take down the curtains....

No comments:

Post a Comment