Friday, August 3, 2012

Some Summer Productivity



So this summer I've been trying to make more things to sell for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, so I can meet my fundraising goal.  (I even figured out how to add a little gadget on the right so you can keep track of it too!)  So I've made more little drawstring bags, and I'm trying to sell them for a $30.00 donation.  This sushi one might be my favorite so far! 


Here it is all flattened out.  I think these bags are perfect for your running do-dads (sunglasses, gels, body glide, towel, etc..... Or a small wallet/bag for things for the beach, wristlet, etc.... 


I love this sushi print too!  I bought 2 fat quarters of it a few years ago at the quilt show, so I'm glad I finally had a reason to stop hoarding it!  I still have one left, so maybe I will make a different sort of bag with it... more on that later.  



I also made this one with faces, and I've been hoarding it for a few years too.  I need to find a better fabric for the drawstrings.  I didn't have enough gray to make it work, or the lavender.  So I found some purple ribbon, but I don't think it stands up as well, and doesn't have as much structure as the other drawstrings.  


I reeeeeallly love this pattern!  I wish I had bought yards of it!  It's a big pattern compared to the tiny little ones I usually enjoy, but this bag was the perfect size for it.   


Peek-a-boo!  I wish I had designed it myself!


I also made a baby boy drawstring bag, with the leftovers I had from making the baby quilts for the twins.  I wish I had larger amounts of a more interesting fabric, but I used them all in the quilts! I had to use more scraps in the lining too, but I think it turned out pretty well.  


Here it is, all flattened out!  I really like the stars on the drawstrings and the flowery stars on top!  


I had to sew several different fabrics together for the drawstrings, but you can't really tell when it's flattened like this.  I guess if you look closely at the first one you can tell.  


Here's the whole gang!  Ready to be purchased, or given away!  Hopefully they will make someone very happy for a small donation to the LLS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment